Roller conveyors have likely gained importance in today’s industry. They are widely used in the transport of products between different points in the manufacturing process: handling, classification, packaging, labeling, weighing, etc., and it’s perfect operation has become a priority for an optimum efficiency and productivity of companies across sectors and industries.
It is also important to highlight that both, rollers and belt conveyors, are also beginning to play a vital role into the new purchase methods (including e-commerce). For that reason, highest standards of efficiency and reliability are essential to ensure the organization and storage of good, as well as the product distribution.
Although roller conveyors can be generically defined as systems that allow the transport and accumulation of light, medium, or heavy loads, there is a broad range of roller conveyors with different functions, speeds, load capacities and drive mechanisms.
Therefore, roller conveyors can be classified according to:
- The specific characteristics of the conveyed product, the resistance requires, as well as the working conditions to which they will be subjected. Rollers can be manufactured in various materials (PVC, steel, aluminum, stainless steel…)
- The drive system to efficiently manage the transport on the factory, conveyor ma also be classified into:
- Gravity conveyors
- Driven conveyors – which can be classified according to their transmission elements: timing belts, chain, poly-V, etc.
- The load capacity: light medium and heavy load
- Different structures: access points for handling and supervision other expandable configuration options, to adapt the system to new requirements.
Rollers conveyor may have a fundamental role in the efficiency of a production system. Therefore, to achieve maximum performance, the use of a quality, resistant and well-adjusted roller conveyor system is a priority, which will provide reliability and fluidity to the product chain.