Roller conveyors for industrial application are one of the main systems used for the movement of materials and substances in work and production lines. They have great versatility and according to their technical and manufacturing characteristics they can be adapted to all types of industries and uses.
In addition, the high degree of automation and control of their movement allows them a great optimization and an increase in the performance of the processes in which they intervene.
The main applications of roller conveyors are as follows:
- Move goods between two points or work station.
This is the fundamental use of roller conveyors and they have allowed high efficiency in the management of a warehouse and logistics center.
- Moving products continuously, even very heavy and bulky products.
- Continuous feeding in production lines.
- Move goods while they are being handled at workstation. Common application in warehouses for treatment and final packaging of the product, such as in horticultural warehouses.
- Sequence the entry of products in the manufacturing or handling lines. As in the case of oil mills and the production of olive oil.
- Displacement of materials without energy expenditure (gravity roller conveyor).
- Conveyor for palletized goods.
Roller conveyors can transport any type of goods, from heavy loads, as in the metallurgical, sand or petrochemical industry, to light and fragile products as in the fruit and vegetable and agri-food industry. This is thanks to the different manufacturing options that we have, which open a wide range of applications and uses.
Roller conveyors have different load capacities per linear meter and this is related to the materials and manufacturing systems: steel or PVC rollers, bearings and heads, motorization.
Other aspects that also determine the uses are safety controls and electrical drive systems; motion control systems; and the anchoring and support structure of the conveyor system.
One of the advantages of using roller conveyors is the ability to manufacture combined conveyor systems that cover all the needs of a given factory or warehouse. To achieve optimal performance, it is essential to start the project with a rigorous study of the needs of the factory or the company, assessing the possibilities of scaling and the specific design for each production systems.